VikLit. Each Friday we post something we wish to celebrate achieving or doing during the week. It can be writing/reading or life related. You can find the list and join us here.
On Tuesday Jo, from JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE tagged me to tell you five things that make me happy. I was seriously thinking on delaying this post since the things that make me happy are related to recent or current unhappy events. But yesterday my "Funny Bone" Guide reminded me I must stay in the Here and Now. Here and Now I've not lost these things yet. That's reason enough to smile and celebrate.
1. My parrot and my dog. They are not my pets. They are my babies in all but blood. I was there when my dog was born and I got my parrot when he still needed a nest to sleep. I'm extremely emphatic with animals (being a dragon, it comes natural.) My communication with my dog and parrot is 90% more successful and effective than with humans. They bring me joy with their antics and their unconditional love.
2. Making others laugh. I am a die-hard believer that laughter can work miracles in the body, the mind and the spirit. I've studied, practiced and witnessed all the benefits that may come from laughing. My funny bone is in such a good shape, many find hard to believe me when I confess I am a real nasty piece of dragon work when angry. The more I need it, the more I seek to make others laugh. Laughter like good and bad deeds have a boomerang effect. They always return to the source, but multiplied.
3. Achieving something I believed beyond my capacity. I love challenge and I find very hard not to respond to one (as long as it makes sense.) Surprising myself with success over an "impossible" or "nearly impossible" task (on my standards) puts wings in my heart and a grin on my face.
4. Accomplished Creation. Art, be it painting, drawing, writing, dancing or sculpting, a finished work that meets and surpasses my initial expectations makes me happy. Mostly when it demanded great effort and long exhausting hours.
5. The Sea. It is the Ying to my Yang, I guess. The sea brings immediate peace to my inner chaotic fire. It soothes me, washes away my concerns and just helps me breathe at ease. It improves my mood and does wonders with my general health. The Sea is more like an entity to me. One I highly respect, I love, I salute and I long for.
I must tag five people. I've been a bit too disconnected from Blogville these days due to the roller coaster my life has become. That means I really don't know who got tagged already. I hope I am not getting anyone tagged twice. In any case, I would love to read their happy five list.
Mike L. Swift
Have an excellent weekend. I go back now to where I came from. When I become insufferable to myself, it's my cue to take a leave of absence. My dwarves are 600 times more entertaining to talk to than me. They'll run the show while I deal with what I have in my paws at the moment and its outcome, whatever it may be. I leave you dragon hugs enough for several days. Be well, stay safe and know you're great.