Thursday, April 18, 2013

Chronicles of the Dragon Cave from A to Z: "P" is for Pancholin

   "Pancholin!" Tassin called from the Golden Portal. "It's rehearsal time!"
   "I am not ready!" Pancholin crouched behind a gold mound.
   Tassin crossed the Portal and scanned the treasure chamber. "I don't care! You had weeks to be ready. Now come out, the Cheering Squad is waiting."
   Pancholin sneaked behind a statue. A clinking sound betrayed his position. "But I haven't finished my chores!"
   The task-master made his way towards the statue. "You have polished every piece of metal in the Dragon Cave so much that you're forcing us to use shades because of all the glittering. Now don't make me drag you out!"
   Pancholin shrank further. The slim statue didn't hide his round paunch. "Ay, Saint Dwarfin Danzon, help me," he prayed under his breath.
   Tassin approached slowly. "Master knows strangers make you nervous but we're using video. You won't see the visitors. You'll be off with us on our ninja minion job."
   "But that's meeting strangers too!" In his effort to hide his paunch, Pancholin moved back. His butt
revealed his location.
   Tassin kicked him out of his hiding place. "Stop being a wuss."
   Pancholin stood and smoothed his clothes. "I'm not a wuss. I am just, well, distressed."
   Tassin chuckled and grabbed the handyman dwarf's arm. "Dancing is good for stress, let's go."
   "But... but... but..." Pancholin resisted to no avail. There was no single dwarf who could escape Tassin's grasp. "I've never danced for strangers!"
   Tassin's mustache quivered. "There's always a first time."

23 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I love the part where he says, "I am not a wuss. I am just, well, distressed."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great "P "post with great imaginary, most enjoyable to read.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Pancholin comes back from his minion duties, he'll be tough and fearless! Or distressed to death. I'm hoping the former.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh definitely tough and fearless Alex. Poor Pancholin, but maybe he can forget whilst he is dancing.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can Pancholin come stay with me? This hose could seriously use some polish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saint Dwarfin Danzon...good to know there are Prayer Icons in the Dragon Cave. Pancholin may need to pray to the one that either provides greater cover or less paunch.
    My Letter 'P'...Prolific Patchwork Pattern Piecer
    Sue CollectInTexasGal
    AtoZ LoneStar Quilting Bee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that everyone is wearing shades because of Pancholin's obsessive polishing. I bet Pancholin's dancing turned out to be brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does he do windows? And if he dances well, I'm looking for an entertainer to perform at a gala. I've invited several dragons, so he'll feel right at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's lucky that Father Dragon doesn't breathe fire at his feet making him 'dance' like they did in the old West! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Pancholin, having to DANCE in front of strangers for the first time? Cruelty at its finest, if you ask me. Even if you didn't ask me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww. Pancholin must be having a bad case of stage fright!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dancing is excellent for relieving distress. That is great advice. Arriba arriba. La bamba!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, FD.... give poor Pancholin a break. I know you mean well, but he really is shy and feels awkward dancing in the public eye. Not everyone is as grand with such great presence as You.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only one way to get over that fear and that's to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so could use the help of Pancholin to help me with my domestic duties. Perhaps Pancholin could come over at get Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar from lying on my Mexican blanket purchased in Cancun :)

    Keep smiling, my friend.

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. There must always be a first time. You can do it, Pancholin!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dancing dwarfs. I wish I could see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't dance either-- at least not in public!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 'Always a first time.' I like that. Fake it 'til you make it, Pancholin :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always a funny twist in the end. When will we be able to see that dance? Surely you'll post the video. :) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dancing is a guaranteed de-stressor! I dance at every available opportunity!!

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loosey-goosey, Pancholin! That's the secret to good dancing. :)And what i tell my kids.

    ReplyDelete