Friday, April 19, 2013

Chronicles of the Dragon Cave from A to Z: "Q" is for "Quartz Chamber"

    "Everything all right?" I asked my task master as I saw him heading to the Main Chamber, literally dragging Pancholin from the collar.
    "Everything perfect, Sire. We're on schedule." Tassin raised his thumb without stopping.
    I nodded and went back into the Quartz Chamber, which is both my bed chamber and my sanctuary. I thought on the fact this is a spot included in the tour. No stranger has come this far inside the Dragon Cave but I agreed to let you have a glimpse at it. Only a glimpse.
   The Quartz Chamber hosts  an heirloom from the dragon dimension. A magic reminder of where I come from. It has natural phosphorescence. Its light spread a sense of peace meant to balance my inner, and sometimes chaotic, fire. In this chamber I also seek the guidance of the Higher Powers and the Dragon Ancestors.
 

This visit is short but do come back tomorrow to see the spectacular show Father Dragon's Dwarf Cheering Squad has prepared specially for you. It's not like Dallas Cowboys will be hiring them anytime soon but they put big effort on their drill.

Friday of Celebration

 Celebrate the small things is the brilliant idea of VikLit. Each Friday we post something we wish to celebrate achieving or doing during the week. It can be writing/reading or life related. You can find the list and join us here.
I made a small modification to the way I do this Meme. Instead of listing what I did during the week, I will  list every week ten things I love about Life. The challenge is not to repeat myself and mention things that meant a vivid joy when I lived them. So here it goes:

1. The lilting laughter of children.
2. The excitement of a magic quest through granny's garden.
3. Hundreds of birds greeting the morning and bidding goodnight at sunset.
4. Singing duos with a parrot.
5. Eating ice-cream with very small spoons.
6. The lights at town fairs.
7. Hearing from the stage the deafening applause of a full theater .
8. Looking at endless fields of clouds beneath me.
9. The sound of powerful drums vibrating in my chest.
10. A night sky so full of stars that Carl Sagan's words "we are made of star dust" get a greater meaning.


And you? Celebrating anything this week? At least the fact we made it through the third week of April? Got your ticket to see the Dwarf Cheering Squad and their super drill? Do you like the Cave's renovated look? I'm still working on it.

51 comments:

  1. Great post which I always look forward to reading.
    Yes the fact we have only 9 more post left is quite an achievement.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am celebrating my book being one day from release :). I love the Quartz Chamber by the way. It looks so peaceful I could just lay there and have grand thoughts. I wouldn't Mr. Dragon, of course, but it would be ideal. Also I love your number ten, starry skies are one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on that, so tomorrow there will be a party?

      Delete
  3. Beautiful cave... beautiful things to celebrate. A great Friday post (but then I love your posts :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are biased by my dragonness, hahaha.

      Delete
  4. The Quartz Chamber sounds like a lovely place to visit.

    I like your lighter background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So here it is a positive vote. Thanks Lynda!

      Delete
  5. Your "what I love about life" lists always make me smile. They're so beautiful. I'm waiting for some serious dwarf drills tomorrow - they better not trip on their beards, fall down, and disappoint! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might be kicking each other but not trip. :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I did Quartz today, though on a much smaller scale than your grand Quartz Chamber which sounds beautiful, especially if it's the one shown in that picture. I'll be back tomorrow to see the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't regret! Thanks for visiting and comment :D

      Delete
  7. The chamber is really beautiful.
    Ready to see those dwarfs cheer tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cave looks beautiful, got my ticket for tomorrow! Some excellent choices of things to celebrate too. Children's laughter and a star filled sky - wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suzanne. Good you'll come for the show.

      Delete
  9. The cave is great, but your list of ten is absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cave too, would love to have a peek into it. I also have my ticket for tomorrow (did Alex let you have the dwarves back again for tomorrow?). I enjoy all your posts too.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a video that was recorded before they went off on their mission. First quality one.

      Delete
  11. I like this post, Al, a great reminder that we have so much to be thankful for :)

    That cave shot is very cool, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the peek of your inner sanctuary... love the light...

    Wonderful things to be thankful for....

    I'm thankful for nature.... flowers covered in dew, bursting bright and glistening under an early morning light.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great causes for celebration. Now I'm off to my Quartz Cave.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wonder what guidance I can get from the Higher Powers, being a mere human and all...

    I *live* to hear my kid's laughter so yay for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Quartz Chamber sounds like a perfect place for a dragon rest.

    Super small things this week, Mr. Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. With all the Fire Frenzy in the Cave, I can see why the Quartz Chamber is your sanctuary. Blue the color of 'Calm and Cool, and Glittering Quartz fits your Celebratory #10. Put me down for a ticket, and I do like the new look...the gray paper makes for easier reading than the black. Good job.

    My Letter 'Q'...Quilt Question #1
    Sue CollectInTexasGal
    AtoZ LoneStar Quilting Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinion, Sue. I'll be saving you a seat.

      Delete
  17. Beautiful Q pic!
    And I love your list!!! Thank you for sharing and brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to sing with a parrot now! Although with my singing voice, the parrot would likely fly away in horror. Love your list as always.

    Can't wait to see tomorrow's cheering squad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, it's a parrot, Julie, not a nightingale. That's why duos are better. :)

      Delete
  19. I have my ticket for the show tomorrow!
    Drums pulsating a rhythm through my body. Yes!
    Love the glimpse into the Quartz Chamber. I could live there and be quite happy. The blues are especially suitable to cool Father Dragon's fiery demeanor, I should imagine. :)
    Missing the stars so much. I remember being able to see the Milky Way like that every night as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do understand of dragon Feng Shui, Laura. :D

      Delete
  20. What a beautiful, poetic list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Quartz Chamber is gorgeous. And I love your list. Hearing children laugh always makes me feel lighter inside. This week I'm celebrating that my little guy turns 3 tomorrow. Big day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a nice list, Al! Also, love the new colors - much easier to read:) Inner peace - yes, we all need a quartz chamber at times, don't we? Happy Friday to you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed. I'm glad to see you around again. :D

      Delete
  23. Al...I must say that the cave looks spectacular! I love the new blues in the fire. They add a cooler feel to the cave. I love to read about the things that you appreciate and celebrate. They show the wonderful person you are.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A continually lighted bedchamber? How beautiful it is, but when I sleep I love complete darkness, but I guess dragons don't have that preference. Thanks for that glimpse into your special domain.

    And interesting scene into what was going on with Pancholin. Hmmm.

    Keep those wonderful celebrations coming. Glad you've joined in. (You've just joined, didn't you, or is my memory more filled than I thought?) Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I was among the first, Nancy, and so far, I've only missed one Friday.
      I'm glad you like my home. :)

      Delete
  25. I'd love to visit the quartz chamber! What am I celebrating? Every day when i wake up I look at the red cliffs surrounding my house and thank God that I am blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, the Quartz Chamber! Lovely--thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hmm.... Dragon Dimension, Quartz Chamber. Al, I am hooked big time :) Eager to read more.

    ReplyDelete