Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Power of Choice


This will be an extremely brief post because 1) I'm ill, tired and busy but 2) I do really wish to share a not so brief (but extremely useful) video. Writers are people and all people have gone through some sort of crisis. Some crises are huge and daunting, some are not so much. Some are temporary and some... we just don't know. For those of you who are going through a crisis and are looking how to get through it, I leave you The Power of Choice. Very powerful indeed, Father Dragon's word.



I also have a question for you. Does anybody know of a good book on how to write screenplays?  I would really appreciate some recommendations.

Dragon Hugs!

This post is part of the Insecure Writers Support Group, created by Alex J. Cavanaugh. You can also find IWSG on Facebook - Critique Group

16 comments:

  1. I hope you get better soon! Sending lots of hugs and positive vibes. I'll check out the video later on today when I have the chance, it sounds like something I need to watch. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video. I really hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just feel better soon, my friend.
    Book on writing screenplays? Save the Cat by Blake Snyder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling ill is the worse. Get Better Soon!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get better soon! As for the book...no idea. I'd rely on Google to find one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get better soon!

    And like Alex, I'd also say Save the Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought several books on screen plays, but the best lesson was to have a screen play in hand. The real thing gave me so much more! Try to get your hand on the exact genre you're trying to write! I find writing screen plays fun, and love the challenge! Also, entering contests and challenges with feedback is another golden goose. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon! I've had Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting by Syd Field on my shelf for quite some time but haven't read it yet because I also haven't attempted a screenplay yet. (Someday, I swear!) I used to work in a bookstore and some coworkers recommended it to me.

    February IWSG Co-host

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry I don't have any recommendations, only the software! Dear Dragon, I hope you feel much better soon. I don't like it when you are sick. I hope your dwarves are taking good care of you... Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was going to recommend Save the Cat but a couple people beat me to it. Feel better, Papa Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, we're all people and we've all faced and come through various crisises. With the right attitude and determination, we come out the other side stronger for the experience.

    Feel better soon, Al. Being sick and busy makes for a dull colored dragon. Be sure to take some time for you. :-)

    Sia McKye Over Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  12. {{{hugs}}} Thanks for dropping by my blog on Blitz Day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Save the Cat - Absolutely!! I've read it TWICE and I don't even want to write a screenplay (yet :)

    Hope you're feeling better - and like I said to Lisa, don't be pushing yourself either :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too, only know Save The Cat for screen plays. Hope you're on the mend!

    ReplyDelete