Friday, March 1, 2013
Celebrate the Small Things despite the Fat Lady won't Sing
If my week were a circus, I could summarize it by saying the dwarves grew tall, the hairy woman went bald, the fat lady lost her voice, clowns got depression and animals escaped in stampede. And yet, Father Dragon is loyal to VikLit's meme and here I am celebrating the small things.
1. Still no Internet of our own BUT there is a weak free signal that appears and disappears. I am sure the Ancestors send it when my levels of frustration and rage increase too much after nearly a month of intermittent service.
2. Without Internet I've tried to keep my Zen in place by keeping myself busy. My dragon sculpture got wings, mane and face features. Although on Wednesday its mane reminded me of a mix between Alex, the Lion (Madagascar) and Harlem Globetrotter "Wildkat", I am happy to say now it looks just like me; totally debonair. So much that I've decided I'm going for my "cover reveal" during the A to Z challenge. On April 6th I'll reveal myself (well, the sculpture of myself) in all my glorious dragonness. (Crossing claws now to get done by then.)
3. Right now, I have challenge posts done up to "G". (Go me!) Meanwhile, dwarves visited a few sites from the A to Z list for the little time we had signal. (They are practicing on their second minion job.)
4. I am reading Save the Cat. It's an achievement in itself that I lay my eyes on it. I know many of you sing hymns to this book but for some unknown reason, I was reluctant to read it. I'm reading it because it kept getting in my way. Last time, the High Powers practically dropped it on my head so I interpreted that as a signal. I am still grumbling about the task but I'll read it and at least find out if my feelings against it were founded or not.
5. I got another couple chapters of critic done.
6. Last Friday I won a book at David Powers King's site. It's on its way to Mexico now. It will take about three or four weeks, but the way I'm practicing patience with Internet, I'll attain Nirvana state by the time the book arrives. Either that or I'll have gnawed my own leg.
7. Although I was already honored with the Liebster and the Very Inspiring Blogger award, I want to thank Jolie du Pre from Precious Monsters and Melissa Maygrove for thinking on me.
I'll take the chance to answer here Jolie's questions because they are fun and because this post has already taken me two days with the flickering signal.
1. What is the top item on your bucket list?
See the whole world.
2. What do some people do that bugs you the most?
Disrespect just as much as cruelty to animals.
3. What do some people do that you love the most?
4. If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
Being so impulsive and passionate.
5. Do you believe in Astrology?
To my convenience.
6. Do you believe in monsters?
Of course! I've met very ugly humans.
7. Who is your favorite male celebrity?
Hrithik Roshan, Robert Downey Jr.
8. Who is your favorite female celebrity?
Liv Taylor, Jennifer Gardner, Emma Watson
9. Are you doing your dream job?
I could say yes, except for one little tiny detail.
10. What do you want people to say about you when you die?
Hope he doesn't get up. Seriously now, I would like them to say it was nice to share part of their life journey with me.
11. Do you want to live forever?
Except in my legacy and the memory of those who knew me, Higher Powers forbid it! Even dragons must go one day.
I've been slow with news, with comments and with visits. I am sorry. The internet gods are amusing themselves tormenting me. Yet, I've managed to create the Cave's Notice Board where I included some of the bloghops, launching parties and activities for this month (as far as I know). Everything in one single look. My plan is keep it updated. I hope it works better than the three agendas and multiple notes I never see. If I am missing something, drop me a note. :) I wanted to participate in the Back to the Future Bloghop but it was impossible to sign up (pondering now on celebrating a deeper connection by eating the modem).
Anyway, I would love to hear what you're celebrating. Have a great weekend!