Friday, January 25, 2013
Celebrate the Small Things
It's Friday and it's time to celebrate the small things with VikLit from Sribblings of an Aspiring Author. I made a list of things I wanted to get done in order to celebrate I finally stuck to some sort of organization. My list had two items (I had to keep it realistic) and I achieved one. That's 50% of success. Not bad for the first time, right?
1. I wrote 5000 words that were actually related to my WiP. Mainly backstory and character development but I needed that in order to continue the story. Expect that blue bar on the side will finally move soon.
Done with the checklist. The following was not in any list but I'm glad anyway.
2. On Monday the Stressometer went up again. I chose to exorcise distress with exercise (the power of the treadmill compels you! the power of the treadmill compels you!) I ran 3 miles. Didn't get anywhere but wow! Three miles! I decided to repeat it on Wednesday. I ran like hell. Stress couldn't keep up with me.
3. My sheer luck yesterday.
- I close the door to the Cave and forgot the keys inside. Got trapped between the main door and the gates. Unexpected visitor saved me from waiting outside for 4 hours, studying the aesthetic of ferns and roses and their effect on ants.
- While waiting, I got in the dragon mobile and turned the switch on but forgot to switch off. Killed the battery. Mother Dragon was waiting to be picked up and there would be a dragon less in this world if I didn't get there. Visitor offered to pick her up.
- Forgot to close the door of the parrot's cage. Noticed it when the parrot was on top of the cage, doing a happy dance. Luckily, he accepted to go back inside instead of flying away. Some head scratching and plenty of begging was the bribe.
4. I was kindly nominated on Misha Gericke's blog under the category of Beginner Blogger with most potential. Honestly, I'm still in disbelief but I do celebrate I was even considered for nomination.
5. I won a giveaway (for the first time in my life) and now I am the proud owner of an ebook copy of The Princess of Las Pulgas by C. Lee McKenzie. How luckier a dragon can get?
Besides that, I am celebrating I have not misplaced my head, my legs, my wings or any vital organ. Dwarves lost one sock of each pair, but that wasn't me, I swear.
Join us and let us celebrate with you all small things. That's what life is made of!