Friday, February 8, 2013
Habit Turns Big Things into Small /Celebrate the Small Things
This weekly Meme is the brilliant idea of VikLit from Scribblings of an Aspiring Author.
I have a theory. Babies smile hundreds of times more than adults because adults already lost the ability to notice all the marvels life is made of. Habit makes adults minimize and even ignore those same marvels. It's until they lose them that they appreciate them again. Now listen to this dragon, it is not necessary to wait until you lose the "small" BIG things. Make the purpose to exercise the wonderful ability you were born with, and that you lost in the process of growing up to the turmoil of adult life. In joining this bloghop, you'll be doing yourself a small BIG favor.
This week I'm celebrating that:
1. The Dragon Slayer is biting the dust and I managed to do it with all my internal organs still in place and working.
2. Lost a few scales but hospital wasn't necessary for this combat (my heart is relieved for this.)
3. The miracle of breathing.
4. The blessing of food.
4. The chance to enjoy sunny mornings and blue skies all this week.
5. The chance to enjoy Mother Dragon's garden. I had not realized our trees had become multifamily housing for all kind of birds, including a mockingbird and a lark. They sang for me both mornings I was there.
6. All those wonderful dragon friends who made an awesome job this Wednesday and Thursday. You reloaded me with emergency power with all your jokes, your links and your smiles. I am deeply grateful for attending my request. You were like Father Dragon "The Great" Back up Team and it did work.
7. My legs are still strong enough to keep fighting. YEAAAH! (Alternating between Dragon Happy Dance and Dragonjitsu stances.)
Faithful to my resolution, I am still in the ring!!
Come on, what are you celebrating this week? Try harder and search deeper. There is always something to smile for, I assure you.