I just found about this Friday Meme and I totally loved the idea. My recent studies have proved people usually remember bad things faster than good things and keep them longer in their mind. It is highly recommendable, therefore, to make a list of all those things one enjoys or are grateful for. It helps the mood, the self-esteem and the memory. It also helps to manage stress as you become more aware of all those little things you do or enjoy, or have but that you might have taken for granted or just have not acknowledged them.
VikLit's Writing Blog hosts it. Click the link for more information. Basically you sign up, post your list every Friday and visit other sites to congratulate them, virtual-hug them, cheer them, etc., for their achievements.
1. I kept my promise to do something for someone. (I really didn't want to and was seeking for a way out but in the end I did the right thing.)
2. I have read two books in two weeks. I'm breaking my own record by far. The fastest I read a book was a month.
3. I think I have lowered my stressometer a couple notches. Mental work and great reading.
4. I found a way to multi-task with two muses demanding my attention. I hope I can keep it without blowing a fuse or have them get into a cat fight. hahaha!
5. Last minute one. I am also grateful for this one Thank You note.
(I still insist I am not the "ajonjoli de todos los moles". I just couldn't resist this one.)
In any case, I invite you to join us. It won't take much of your time and whatever time it takes you, it is worthy if it makes you think on the wonderful Small Things for which you can celebrate!